Monday, December 18, 2006

New Stuff

Well, I haven't fished much recently. This is because I'm half paying dues and half helping Laura to deal with a childcare crisis that'd cropped up. Laura is about to go back to work, but the daycare with which we had originally signed up made - in our opinion - a very unethical decision & we decided to back out. Yet another complication of having kids, doubled with twins! The paying dues half is the easy part, really. It's actually tough on the heart strings to leave your kids for too long, when they're at this age :).

Anyway, now that the daycare situation is mostly behind us, I look forward to getting a trip or two in before the iron door of Winter shuts up the rivers, and the cold ices up the guides more than I can stand.

Also, I've had a few minutes to update my Blog. First, I fooled around with some old pics & a new poem, and I came up with the entry below. If you don't like poetry, too bad. Second, I've added a slew of links to my Blog. They are all hanging out on the right hand side, ready to be clicked.

Here is a short description of the links I've added. If I've offended anyone with these descriptions, please leave me a comment & I'll make the required corrections!
  • "Ron's Photo Blog", my cousin Ron's site, showcases highly professional pics of his three kids and assorted projects. If you need a wedding photographer, he's it!
  • "November Rains" and "A Screaming Comes Across the Sky" are blogs created by two accomplices from the Sarnia area, who seem to like to visit northern locales for their regular chrome dosage. The blogs are written by Lambton and Trotsky, respectively. Lambton gives very accurate recounts of his trips, whereas Trotsky is very laid-back and novelistic in his approach.
  • "My Life and Fishing in Western NY" is a student in - you guessed it - Western NY, and also an adept fly fisherman. His short, matter-of-fact reports are always appreciated, not to mention the fact that any fan of Grapes is a friend of mine!
  • "Chrome on Chrome" is a beautifully written, poetic and stimulatingly photographic blog. I hope to meet up with it's principal author/contributor "Deju," just to compare notes - but also, hopefully, to fish.
  • "The Itinerant Angler" another photoblog, whose photographs eloquently explain the presence of this Blog among my links.
  • "Musings of a Mad Fisherman" Another author whose writing I thoroughly enjoy, punctuated here and there by a clever, gentle sense of humour. I'm always happy to see new entries on BCM's Blog!
  • "Chasing Silver" Considering I quoted SD a while back, it's rude of me to have delayed the addition of his blog to my list of favourites. Maybe I can make it up to the author with a brewed offering when we finally 'hook up' on one of our local streams.
I hope you enjoy these Blogs as much as I do. If for some unlucky reason I don't post before the big day, have a Merry Christmas everyone!

p.- (and family)

7 comments:

Ryan said...

Thanks for the add man, long live Don Cherry! Oh and blow leafs blows
:)

PaulGHurtubise said...

Uh oh... now I have to find you on your NSSC (Not So Secret Creek) and make you eat a Tie Domi jersey... HAHAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

Cheers on the link.

I'm suprised we have not run into each other as of yet, given our geographic proximity ..

'Sides you don't wanna fish with me... I pass on bad Ju-Ju/Mojo ;o)

PaulGHurtubise said...

Can you do that telepathically? I've only been fishing once in the past 4 weeks, and that on the most dreadfully beautiful, fishless day. Please take it back! Argh!;)

p.-

Anonymous said...

I am a regular on your Blog as well and you are welcome to visit my ridiculous little e-corner anytime....I hope none of it offends! lol
I hope you and your family have a Merry Christmas and good luck to you all in the new year.
It would be interesting to get all the Blog-nerds together for a little riparian 'how ya doin'?' some day.
Gene

Anonymous said...

Paul,

don't even think of making referance to SD's mojo. I messed with it once and ended up with a S-blemish on my record. Geesh... That boy is Evil ;0)

SD said...

Ha Ha Ha.... s'wrong with a little "on-line" voodoo magic amongst friends ?? ;o)