Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Slow Sunrise

Last Sunday, I spent the morning looking at the sunrise. It was nice. I almost forgot that I was actually there to fish, since I hardly saw anything bearing a resemblance to one of those. I did see a fly catcher, who decided my rod would make a lovely perch for a few minutes. He sat there taunting me "go ahead, take a pic, make my day..." But he flew off just as I pressed the "on" button on my camera. Punk.

I had a nice chat with one of the other guys who was there, like me, just to drown a few salmon eggs and wonder at the calmness of the lake. You rarely see it this calm, this time of year.

Finally, I decided to head back home. When you have twins, radar kicks in at around
2 1/2 year old. They're 2 years and 9 months now. I had a definite feeling that they were running wild.

It had been a nice morning, but devoid of fish. A wise man knows when to cut his losses...


p.-



6 comments:

Trotsky said...

Nice pictures Paul.
Looks like a relaxing morning

PaulGHurtubise said...

oh yeah. real relaxing. that much relaxing is deadly. one could go to sleep and fall off the pier... zzzz

not as interesting as your post.

not even close.

p.-

lambton said...

Wow...Stellar pics. Seriously!
Canon?

PaulGHurtubise said...

Nope. Just my beat-up old Minolta Z1, 3.2mp. It still has water stains in the lens from having taken a bath 2 years ago, in the Credit. I wish they still made digicams, because theirs were IMO the best overall. The canons take GREAT pictures, but they aren't as fast, barring digital SLR's. If I can't find an inexpensive way to get the lens cleaned (hasn't happened so far) I probably will get a canon once my lens-spot frustration reaches critical mass!

p.-

Glennis said...

Lovely morning, so peacful, pity about the fishing, but there is always another day. Wish you had caught that flycatcher sitting on our rod.
Greetings from New Zealand.

PaulGHurtubise said...

Thanks :)

Me too. Even on the best fishing day, his visit would have been one of the highlights. With the backlighting I had to work with, a zoom shot would have been priceless. As it is, even the slightest movement cost me the opportunity. Sometimes, it's better just to enjoy the moment.

:P